introductions are in order

scoutnaround

XS400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello fellow xs400er's i am new to the bike scene but have a great mechanical ability and have worked on everything from go-carts to Bradley Fighting machines, i have been into four wheel drives for some time now and have always liked motorcycles but never owned one. I am a full time mechanical engineering student and will be graduating in april :). A buddy had this '80 model xs400 for sell for two hundred and i jumped on it, it had not run in a year and needed some work. well after a little begging from the wife i brought two bikes home in pieces. two days later had her up and running(The Bike)lol. The parts bike was a 78 with no title but disc brakes so i swapped the swing arms and welded the master cylinder on the 80. I have not ridden the bike yet maybe this weekend wanting to build a brat style bike. look forward to being a member here on xs400 forum.:thumbsup:

Attachments

• thestart.jpg
    thestart.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 104
  • newfuseblock.jpg
    newfuseblock.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 111
  • 120mph.jpg
    120mph.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 103
  • reardisc.jpg
    reardisc.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:
thanks everyone i am super excited about building the bike have a few ideas floating around not a hundred percent on any thing yet i did the rear disc swap and the 120 speed-o thought that was cool to have i hate the 55mph thing that all vehicles went to in the 80's. like i said hoping to ride it this weekend i also really need to check the fluid in the front forks they compress like six inches under weight so thinking they are out of fluid.

thought i would post some more recent pics. new paint and tires i have logged almost 400 miles on her so far loving it

Attachments

• newpaint.jpg
    newpaint.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 106
  • polished rim.jpg
    polished rim.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 97
  • otherside.jpg
    otherside.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 108
Very creative with the tail light. You made good progress and the paint looks awesome.

thanks i am a full time students so i am broke and have to get creative with what i have that's the factory light with a piece of square tube to hold it on. works great. now i have to get a seat made

Back