For Sale - ISO 81 xs400 exhaust!!!!!!!!!

If you were in the UK you could have mine! Complete, original system, going very cheap. Need the space. Anyone over here (England) need one?

You serious? No idea what it would cost to ship it to the US but you know how heavy they are..it'll cost you an arm and leg!

Look on ebay there are tons on there. Also you want 79 and under for exhaust. You don't want an 81 that has the cross pipe and also mufflers are welded on. The 79 and below have take off mufflers and no hole at the mounting flange either.

I am sure you are going to do custom exhaust from the pics I see of the project so far.

If you want the better running setup the 80-82 sohc with the crossover are the better set. I have both and the later ones have better performance over a wider rpm range. If you going for a custom exhaust then just buy a set of the 77-79 head pipes as they are easy to put aftermarket mufflers on.

The reason mine are going spare is because I've switched to a MAC 2-1 which comes with a slip-on end can. You might want to consider that Daveyray, especially if you're going down the cafe racer route. I decided I didn't like the megaphone end can (which is also going spare) and I'm using a trick looking endurance-style muffler (as you guys call them), although I don't think it'll do much muffling, especially when the baffle is removed (not fitted the system yet) but we all know loud exhausts save lives ;)
Just googled the MAC 2-1 and it retails for around $350 in the US, which isn't bad for a full system although to be honest I'm not impressed with the quality of the chrome. I'll need to keep an eye on it or the dreaded rust will creep in..although maybe you don't get as much rain as we do, we're famous for it.

Thanks for the info. I guess I will have to go and bite the bullet and get a new set.

MAC has good stuff. I have a set on my 1100 and looking at a 2 to 1 for my maxim build........

I love the factory exhaust on my 400 but I have the older stuff that has removable mufflers.

Back