Trade - LF: '78 master cylinder, side covers, dust covers, horn, ect.

TimmyT

XS400 Addict
Reaction score
I can buy some of these outright and am a little busy to source them myself and mostly too cheap to want to pay retail. I have a few things to offer up because I think bartering is always better but I can also purchase. Buyer is responsible for shipping (from Toronto, Canada), and paypal works for me. Make any outright offer on what I have listed if you wish. So here is what Im looking for on my 1978 xs400E.

- black Side Covers - must have clips in good condition logos or not.
- Front Master brake cylinder in good condition with good seals (hand leaver)
- Gator dust covers for the front forks (I could settle for normal ones in good condition)
- Horn ... as long as it works.

Here is what I have to offer from my '78
-Yamaha logos off of tank
- Stretched clutch cable - I guess some people know how to remedy this issue
-Stretched throttle cable -Might be useful to someone??
-Pod filters - NIB never used (I decided to not mess with jetting and keep carb stock
- Wiring Harness - In mint condition NOS -serial 2G5
- Headlight Saftey relay - Not sure if it even works yet...rainchecks?
- Old Intake/Carb Holder Boots- rubber is cracked, not completley comprimised but I have seen people dip or coat them so there is no vaccume leak. (rubber cap not incl.)
-Front master cylinder - Works fine, seals are still ok, the downside is you will have to take over the work I dont want ... drilling out one nasty stuck bolt ... this will require drilling out and re-tap for sure.

Just throwing this out there to save myself a ton of man hours doing it myself but I am also interested in trading my rear alloy rim (that has the original black paint) for the same type of alloy rim that has been stripped of all paint. My rim has no dents or dings ... maybe a few scuffed paint marks from spitting rocks out. ... this would just be for the rim... no bearings or disc or any of that.

maybe someone wants to go back to stock? anyway ...just throwing it out there.
Pics can and will be posted for any request. Or check my album.

Last edited:
black Side Covers - must have clips in good condition logos or not.
- Front Master brake cylinder in good condition with good seals (hand leaver)
Horn ... as long as it works.

I have all three. The lever/master isn't stock. It's a low profile master from a modern bike, but still uses the old school looking lever
P1000561.jpg

032-1.jpg

sorry, no pic of the horn, but it's in great condition.

if you really want a stock front master, I have that too:wink2:

I'm in Mississauga every day, by the airport. Let me know if you're interested and I'll PM you the addy

Definatley PM'd ... Anyone have a line on those gator dust covers? ...and do they even replace the actual dust covers or are they just meant to go overtop the actual fork dust covers?

Back