Longest Ride...

vfost

XS400 Addict
Reaction score
So i got to thinking the other day about how far someone has gone in a single day/ride on an xs400? I have done 250 a couple of times back and forth from home to college and it makes for some sore joints afterword. However i am sure a lot of you have riden further in a single day. So post them up and lets see who has gone the furthest! :shrug:

Yeah, these aren't the most comfortable bikes for long rides. I guess mine is around 100 miles and the seat got real uncomfortable. Didn't really expect long ride comfort out of this bike, though.

I rode from Dallas Tx to L.A. Ca a long time ago.Don't know how many miles it was,but it was HOT!.We had bedrolls and pup tents,and slept on the side of the road a few times.Back then it wasn't all that uncommon to see people doing that in cars,bikes,etc.I was younger then.HaHaHa! lha Oh by the way,it wasn't a xs400,but a 1941 HD 45 solo model with sidecar bracket,but no sidecar.Had a big seat,tank bars everything stock,had to adjust the valves about 10 times,as it was almost new when I bought it in a government auction in '70. lha

Last edited:
650 miles; first day I was licensed. I did this on my awful homemade seat. Not comfortable! I drive about 5,000 miles a month.

Well I don't know what my longest ride is... But I drive it 110 miles a day as it is 55 miles to work =)

I would guess my longest was about 225 to 250...

Peace

David

I did a round trip about a month ago to my parents place up in North Georgia. It's roughly 140 miles one way and then rode with my dad for a couple of hours and then came back. so total I did a little over 350 miles in one day between 10 am and 9pm. Our bikes are def not designed to make long trips like this. By the time I finally got home my ass was numb, shoulders were sore, and my feet felt like jelly from all the vibration.
Although I'm not complaining one bit about how I felt when I got back because I was wearing the biggest grin you'll ever see on me as it was the first time I was able to take the bike out for more than just running errands around town. She never gave me the first problem the entire day.

I have not yet ridden my xs yet but the longest i have ridden was on my yamaha fs1 which is a 50cc moped for about 120miles. Those things vibrate like hell so when you finnaly get fo the bike all your limbs feel numb.

not sure about mileage but for a single day ride the longest one I've done with the bike is about 4 hours. 6 hours on my Yamaha Vino (49cc scoot) one day.

Not on the xs, but the longest ride I had was from Monterrey, CA to Owatonna, MN. Took 5 days, rode about 12 hours per day, give or take. I was on my Seca II. Worst part was getting hailed on in Colorado on the west side of the Rockies, then getting snowed on in Vail, CO, freezing with 4 layers on, stopping every hour for coffee to warm up. Best part was either coming around Lake Tahoe at dawn and seeing the sun off the lake or going through the salt flats and plateaus in UT. Just an incredible ride.

Not on the xs, but the longest ride I had was from Monterrey, CA to Owatonna, MN. Took 5 days, rode about 12 hours per day, give or take. I was on my Seca II. Worst part was getting hailed on in Colorado on the west side of the Rockies, then getting snowed on in Vail, CO, freezing with 4 layers on, stopping every hour for coffee to warm up. Best part was either coming around Lake Tahoe at dawn and seeing the sun off the lake or going through the salt flats and plateaus in UT. Just an incredible ride.
When I rode daily to work I remember going through a massive rainstorm with lightning, thunder and torrential downpour. I drove about 35 and got completely through it. Sounds nuts but I almost turned around and went back through again. Something about the connection to nature and the elements that is the reason we ride bikes to start with.

Haven't been on a road trip on a bike yet. When i get mine done i will be making a road trip from Norfolk, NE to Ft. Payne Alabama to see my father's grin when i pull up on my ride. It is a 16 hour trip but i plan on making a lot of stops along the way to see other family and friends and show it off. It will turn into a 4 day trip down there instead of a 14hour one. and will probably be 2- 8hour drive days back.

1.3 miles finally got to ride her on your way to ft. payne hit me up i live an hour north and we can do a little mountain riding

When I rode daily to work I remember going through a massive rainstorm with lightning, thunder and torrential downpour. I drove about 35 and got completely through it. Sounds nuts but I almost turned around and went back through again. Something about the connection to nature and the elements that is the reason we ride bikes to start with.

Except when nature has 75 mph cross winds outside of Reno. Fun going 25mph on the shoulder for 12 miles.

1.3 miles finally got to ride her on your way to ft. payne hit me up i live an hour north and we can do a little mountain riding

Next summer 2012 i plan to make the road trip. I'll be glad to do some mountain riding with ya. My dad actually lives up the mountain in Mentone about 20 minutes from Ft. Payne on lookout mountain near desoto falls. :thumbsup:

Back