MAC 2 into 1 info???

Evan

XS400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I ordered a MAC 2 into 1 system but I'm thinking about swapping to a reverse cone muffler. I can't seem to find the size of the header outlet. Have any of you found that spec or measured your own? I'd like to see what my options are while I wait for the shipping up to the great white north.

Thanks in advance!

I have one for my 83. I can measure tomorrow evening.

A warning - when mine arrived, it took a little massaging to fit onto the front of the engine. Nothing major, just a little pressure to spread the header pipes a little more than how they came.

I have one for my 83. I can measure tomorrow evening.

A warning - when mine arrived, it took a little massaging to fit onto the front of the engine. Nothing major, just a little pressure to spread the header pipes a little more than how they came.

Perfect, thanks.

I remembered reading that somewhere. It must have been one of your posts.

That's the outside diameter of the header pipes where they slide into the muffler. You need a muffler with at least that big of an inside diameter to slide overtop.

Sorry - should have specified.

That's the outside diameter of the header pipes where they slide into the muffler. You need a muffler with at least that big of an inside diameter to slide overtop.

Sorry - should have specified.

Thanks. That's perfectly clear.

It's bigger than I expected. Interesting.

Back