Maxim monoshock

eaterofsmoke

XS400 New Member
Reaction score
Hello all. I have recently started doing a rebuild on a 1981 maxim. I currently have stripped everything off of it and am in the process of cleaning the old paint and rust off of the frame. I will be starting a build post at some point here, but I am in the planning process of were to proceed at this point, and I have a question. Does anybody know if you can put an aftermarket monoshock on the maxim, and were I could find one? After much debating I have decided to stick with the mono even though I plan to build a cafe racer type build, and want to have a good mono as the stock one is pretty well shot. Thanks for any input.

Smoke

Last edited:
Hi Eater, welcome to the Forum.
You have a very nice bike - are you sure you want to change it? :wink2:

I have no experience with it myself, however, I have read on a couple of threads where people have been able to upgrade the mono-shock. Try various key words in the search function and with luck you will find what they were able to use.

Well I already have a Honda Shadow Cruiser. I live in an urban area where that bike doesn't react like I like. So I want to build a cafe racer, mainly because there aren't many of them around, and it should be quick and nimble for traffic. And I will go take a look through the search function.

Smoke

Back