MikesXS shipping costs ...

armyofda12mnkeys

XS400 Addict
Reaction score
Just wanted to rant somewhere...
Is it just me or MikesXS shipping costs are getting super high.
I'm trying to buy this part $2.95:
http://www.mikesxs.net/product/20-6419.html
and i noticed the shipping cost is the same as a flat carb bowl gasket I bought last week ...
$11! in addition to a pair of super-small carb pilot jets ... also $11 (shipping from Tampa to Philly).

Man, can't they use USPS media mail or some cheaper form of shipping for small items?
My gasket/jets came in 1" x 8" x 8" packaged labeled for a cost up to 1lb.
I mean there's got to be a cheaper way for them to ship. Just hoping since they sponsor this site that maybe they can re-think how silly the shipping costs come out to (I don't even think they 'pocket' the costs, they just are inefficiently putting small things in big packages lol).

-Ari

I know up in Canada the postal service does not officially allow "hard" objects in envelopes, only paper.
People do ship things in envelopes all the time but businesses have to be more aware of the rules.

but I've gotten motorcycle parts delivered in bubble-padded envelopes or even flat-rate boxes for cheap... like I would expect $6 max to ship a $2 screw.

The cost to ship a single screw or jet via MikesXS/UPS is closer to the cost of a HEAVY xs400 centerstand I got recently from Oregon (via USPS Priority Mail)... Yep, I said centerstand lol.

Back