Missing washer and new member intro!

FullCircleXJ

XS400 New Member
Reaction score
My first post and I'm already asking for help!

All kidding aside, I want to thank all involved for the information provided on this site. It is communities like this that allow us to keep these bikes on the road!

I suppose I should start with a little introduction. I've only been riding for 4 years now, and have been riding an 82 Yamaha XJ650. Recently I picked up a 78 XS400 2E to either restore for my wife, or if she feels uncomfortable on it, fix up as a second bike! I picked it up for a few hundred bucks running, but poor overall condition. After I got it in the shop, I realized it may not have been the bargain I expected. Between broken parts, stripped/broken fasteners, and a "modified" wiring harness, I have my work cut out for me.

I guess this brings us to the problem I am currently stumped by. It appears that during a previous carb teardown, a PO along the line has lost or left out the washer that goes between the Main Jet and the Emulsion tube on both carbs. Does anyone have a source for these, or know the dimensions on this part? This is part number 11 in the carburetor exploded diagram.

I also have a broken choke rod that I am trying to replace, but think I may be able to salvage the old one or machine a new one.

Thanks in advance for any information you guys can provide. In the mean time, I will gather a few pictures together. They aren't much, but I know that I enjoy seeing what others are working on!

Welcome to the forum! I have the parts you need, $15 shipped in the u.s. paypal only:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Back