Multiplaz cutter/welder

Pawl

Arctic chop & bob
Reaction score
My buddy has a Miller plasma cutter & inverter welder which I use for most fab shit, but I'm looking at getting O/A bottles for heating/bending & real small welding & thick cutting. Last night I stumbled onto this contraption. I been researching it on the ol' webnet for a good part of today . . . . seems legit . . .buuuut!!! seems kinda weird to me (me being an old school weldor from the 80's) .. . . any thoughts? . . do flying cars come after this invention?
(I'm gonna copy this post over at xs650.com too)

http://www.multiplaz.com/about

I would stay away from those personally.

Those all in ones are usually to good to be true. Unless you found something that came from a reputible company I would stay away. Not to mention its new technology.

Until that technology hits the mainstream (if its really what it says it is) its a risk kinda like buying a beta vcr.

It says it uses basic tap water which sounds very screwy. Water is H20, H is hydrogen and hydrogen is something you avoid when welding thats why we use low hydrogen electrodes to avoid hydrogen cracking.

I'd stick with the equipment you know you can get parts and consumables for. Basic torches sound great. Plasma is great but only if your using it alot. I've owned one for about ten years and to be honest I use my torches or a zip cut because its not worth hooking up for the amount I'm cutting.

You will be set with some torches and a mig or tig welder (any dc stick welder can be used to tig weld steel also, so if you find a deal on an old unit grab it).

I'd run fast and far away from this and let other people waste their money on it. If you ever have a chance to go the the weld expo go to that. The technology their is reputible

Shaun

Back