My intro thread

blue suit guy

XS400 Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I've been browsing this forum for a while and have finally decided I should start posting

Well my name is Ian. I got my xs400 off of my friend for the price of registration and the promise to give it back to him for his daughter when I decide to get a new bike. The bike is either a 78 or 79 I'm not sure, and besides it being a 400 I have no clue what "trim" it is.

I don't mind the bike the way it is, but at the same time I'm thinking about doing to mods to make it more of my bike, personal.

I've attached some pictures of her so enjoy

ETA oh, and I'm thinking about calling her the deuce because when my friend got her the spedo read 22222

Attachments

• SKS_6105.jpg
    SKS_6105.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 412
  • SKS_6106.jpg
    SKS_6106.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 395
  • SKS_6107.jpg
    SKS_6107.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 396
spoke wheels with drum brakes. these where the economy version of the model. there is a thread on here where you can check the model by your vin#. yours looks like a 2G5

Yea blue_suit_guy, I'd love to see where you go with this.

Just make sure its not too permanent. :yikes:

Not sure she-who-will-inherit-the-bike would like her baby chopped up too much.

BTW, that is one great looking bike!

Last edited:
Well my current plans are just to add some freeway pegs that I got from the guy who gave me the bike. But on the cheap I wouldn't mind adding a disk up front and thinking about making a custom fab 2 into 1 exhaust.

ETA speak of the freakin devil....

Yes well, just be careful with those pipes that he gave you. They may not have come off what he thinks they did.... :banghead:

As far as the disk up front, I might be able to swap you a front end with a mag wheel and a single disk for the chance to see if I can lace up a 16" rear wheel to that front hub.

Anyone on here know if its possible? Or has been done before?

Thanks!

Sounds like a deal, I figure she can't complain about the disk since it would be superior to the drum on there now...

I probably won't get to workin on the exhaust until the end of feb or march due to school but I'll be sure to made a thread about it.

but back to those pegs, they're missing a bolt for up top. I hope I can just ride over to lowes with it and find one there.

Here's a picture of them:
sks6111.jpg

I need a bolt that goes through the top there and wraps around the frame....

Hey now, if mixing spokes and mags was good enough for royalty like Indian Larry :bow2:, it should be good enough for us common folk too. Right? :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

btw, nice School Parking sticker on there.

Just be careful with that sticker, that +5 HP from the license plate blots is probably taxing the frame already....:thumbsup:

RD's might be your best bet but check axle thickness.

european xs250's had wires and disks. Rare as hens teeth, ask hornix :D

Back