My SECA is now finished

poly41

XS400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi everyone it has been a while since i visited last, hope everyone is well iwould like to show off my finished product (new tyres coming next week):bike.I have got a new project to start now .... an RZ250R

Attachments

• IMG_3083.jpg
    IMG_3083.jpg
    316.6 KB · Views: 424
  • IMG_3086.jpg
    IMG_3086.jpg
    318.9 KB · Views: 385
Last edited:
hi all thanks for positive comments i will try and get a sound clip, just have to work out how to do it, as for the pipes i scored a pair of harley mufflers from the local tip for 50 bucks_SCORE!_ they are near new, i guess they were replaced with after market items, anyway the pipes i manufactured myself i purchased some pipe, same diameter as orig the local exhaust shop had pre bent bends ranging from 180,90,45 & 30 deg. Then all i had to do was have e few beers and let my creative juices flow then wa la!!! i have attached a photo of that night it is not that clear but you can see how i have taped the pieces roughly together

Attachments

• IMG_2739.jpg
    IMG_2739.jpg
    226.4 KB · Views: 329
  • IMG_2744.jpg
    IMG_2744.jpg
    257 KB · Views: 345
You gut the same muffler I have except I have pair of them I got for free.Dont know what they sound like with 2 N 1 but I like them on my system.They are super quiet on my bike.If I could custom bend my pipes I could have an endure.What I`ll probly end up doing is purchasing another bike so I have my off and onroad.

LOL! That lockwire is ever so useful! I use the same brand. :)

Have you had any issues with the heat from the collector and the crankcase vent? What about your leg? Is the heat shield effective?

Hi all to answer your questions, there is no issue with the dipstick as the headers run quite close to the cylinder, i have shortened the forks by 1.5 inches so your not imagining things lol, the vent is clear of the headers no probs there, the heat shield does still get warm though i am thinking of maybe rapping the area behind it for more protection for me leg. i have attached a pic of the dash i made

Attachments

• IMG_3042.jpg
    IMG_3042.jpg
    249.6 KB · Views: 308
  • IMG_3007.jpg
    IMG_3007.jpg
    217.2 KB · Views: 302
Back