my take on a bobber build

cherokeedad

amateur bike builder
Reaction score
ok let me start from the beginning. I found this bike in my stepfathers barn in Tennessee. I asked him if i could have it he of course said yes:). so i had to rewire it and tried to get it running (rats chewed the wiring harness to pieces). got the wiring figured out put a battery in it and i have power. so i had to clean the carbs (this prossess ended up taking me three times to get it right). so i bobbed it a little bit see pic ok i added them i think lol. but i made two fire extenguishers the gas tank made it a ridged frame and rode it for a little bit not to bad it got a lot of looks but now its time to do everything the right way so this is where my story begins:bike:

today i tore most of it back apart exhaust is off along with the seat pan handlebars most of the electronics and painted the mufflers hi-temp flat black and the things that hold the mufflers on and sanded the ridges of them back to stock finish see pic and tell me what you think. more to come later

Attachments

• bobber 013.jpg
    bobber 013.jpg
    299.9 KB · Views: 227
  • bobber 001.jpg
    bobber 001.jpg
    301.6 KB · Views: 195
  • bobber 002.jpg
    bobber 002.jpg
    299.7 KB · Views: 223
  • bobber 005.jpg
    bobber 005.jpg
    298.1 KB · Views: 234
  • bobber 007.jpg
    bobber 007.jpg
    277 KB · Views: 206
  • bobber 010.jpg
    bobber 010.jpg
    261.3 KB · Views: 196
tanks look good, I thought about that on mine, but it didn't have the look I was after!

are you keeping them retro rusty? I think it would still be cool

I've wanted to include some copper in a future build mabey that will be the way. Fab up a couple copper tanks. I know those look like steel but they would look pritty sick in copper aswell, they would get that tarnish over time.

Shaun

Well I took the motor off last night it was actually easier than I thought lol. I started sanding the frame down then my grinder crapped out on me so more to come tonight

Posted via Mobile

I would go with blasting if you can. I would think 50 or 60 bucks would be all it would cost. There are just so many places you won't get to with a grinder and wire wheel. Not to mention a grinder is going to leave digs in the frame. Just my opinion. Either that or chemical stripper then power wash it after.

Shaun

if you get it Powder coated, they should do it for you as part of the service!

Last edited:
ok well the frame is primed and i was just wondering if anyone has seen forward controls on a bike like mine if you have please let me see a pic so i can see how they done it i dont think i can add a down tube on my frame i dont think it will clear everything please help

I don't know if those would work because my bike dosent have the down tubes infront of the motor. But I think that I'm gonna build my own frame now that its winter and all. And I can strech it out and build it the way that I want it:thumbsup::bike:

Posted via Mobile

Back