Need help

Peter

Red XS 400 12E
Reaction score
can anyone give me advice
On the best way of fitting a new front inner tube on my XS400 Seca 1982
Any help will be appreciated

Not familiar with the Seca but without being too sarcastic I'd start by removing the front wheel then remove the tire from the rim.

Guess the point is need more information on what your experience level is and what tools you may have available.

I have tools and can take the tyre off no problem, the problem I have is, putting it back on without damaging the inner tube, have you any tip.
Regards

inflate it slighlty so the inner tube can tuck up inside the tyre.

use a olive oil based soap to slip the tyre over the rim.

flick the valve through the hole and start the tyre fitting from there.

Some tyres are really easy some are barstewards

Couple things. One is a light coating of talc power inside the tire lets the tube move a little freer. Next if this is a new tube after you have the tire one side on work the tube in and get the valve stem out the rim and slightly in flat the tube, this helps push the tube in place in the tire. Then let air out of the tube and carefully work the second side of tire on the rim. Check by pushing in on the sidewalls to make sure the tube is not going to be punched between the tire bead and the rim when inflated.

I'll know how good these ideas are in a couple days as soon as the new tires and tubes get here for my XS400!

drewpy, you must have been typing at the same time I was!

Back