Need input as to which battery is the right one

Don't waste your time with those piddly batteries. Get your self one of these. :D

Posted via Mobile

Attachments

• SC20120505-112622.png
    SC20120505-112622.png
    237.4 KB · Views: 477
If it has electric start and you're going to mount it in the original battery holder simply buy the biggest battery that will fit. I like AGM batteries myself and I think walmart also has them.

If I had to guess between those two, I'd pick the ES12AA since it's a little thinner and I assume that the "12A" means 12 amp*hour (the recommended battery in the manual). I ended up buying a kit from autozone when I was in a bind; they even threw in some gloves and towels for the sulfuric acid. I would probably go with an AGM in the future though.

On the left is my new battery and on the right is my old one. I kick only and the smaller battery seems to work fine.

Attachments

• 2012-03-27 21.05.25.jpg
    2012-03-27 21.05.25.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 525
Unfortunately, an AGM is not available for the exact replacement size for our XS400s. Why this one has been skipped, I don't know. The YB12A-A is the battery for our bikes. An AGM is not made in that designation. There is a Battery Mart AGM battery, UT12C, that has dimensions about identical to the correct size for our bikes. Yuasa does offer a battery built like an AGM, but a notch below one, that comes in the original designated number.

On a side note, I have had two Walmart cycle batteries and two auto batteries fail much sooner than they should.

thank you all for your input. Will grab a battery after work. wish me luck. spent a few hours with the 4 kids last night cleaning up the bike and making her shine. Do some more cleaning today, hook up the headlight today and put her all back together with first start attempt tomorrow.

Back