XS400 Guru
Top Contributor
Reaction score
this is what it looks like

Attachments

• solinoid wiring.jpg
    solinoid wiring.jpg
    261.8 KB · Views: 178
I thought about making one but I dont know where to get the heavy guage braded wire and the heavy duty terminals for the ends.Then I would have to get or take piece of wire somewhere to get them crimped.Also where you see the electrical tape theres supposed to be a black rubber cover that goes over the terminal and keeps it from shorting out.

I have one that's still attached to the solenoid which works. $10 for both plus $10 to ship.

Attachments

• DSCN1134.jpg
    DSCN1134.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 178
I`ll probaly get the solinoeoid with the loom on it.dont realy need a solinoid but i could use the other one as a spare i guess.Im going to look on ebay 1st to see if theres any solinoid looms on there first though.

RockJock what is that big red wire on the solenoid connect to,is that the starter cable or something different cause my solenoid doesn't have that on it?:shrug:Also what year bike is it from?

Either 77 or 81. both are identical. That is the same as the tan(?) wire on your picture. It is part of the loom not the solenoid. In the picture, behind the wires you see the connector to the start switch on the handlebars. The lower nut on the solenoid is the connection for the starter cable.

The red(tan) wire I have feeding to the main fuse. I am still figuring out how to wire my bike up. Is that where yours leads to?

Back