New 1978 XS400 Owner!

i have a very similar one which is. How many wires does it have? integrated would have 5 (L, R, Brake, Running, Ground)

if it is integrated could just snip the signal wires off.

i have a very similar one which is. How many wires does it have? integrated would have 5 (L, R, Brake, Running, Ground)

if it is integrated could just snip the signal wires off.

I will take another look at it tonight, but I think it only has 3. Thanks for the input!

Got the rear wheel removed and began to disassemble that. Also came up with a cool idea to mount the seat to the bike... it may involve carbon fiber. :)

Attachments

• 2014-07-22.jpg
    2014-07-22.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 232
Got the rear tire mounted on a significantly cleaned up rim last week. Got the front wheel removed, and the tire is off. The front fender is prepped and ready for cutting/reshaping, and the swing arm is cleaned up and partially prepped for paint (still removing lots of original paint, cut off the chain guard bracket). I'll post a couple of pics soon.

Got new shocks (14.4" black no caps), and the fender is chopped, but still needs some refinement. Progress!

Attachments

• img_20150818_213744.jpg
    img_20150818_213744.jpg
    184 KB · Views: 214
  • IMG_20150816_213836.jpg
    IMG_20150816_213836.jpg
    203.5 KB · Views: 210
how much for the shocks? Will be curious how they preform when you have this all together... My rears are shot.

coincidentally i will be shortening and installing a front fender this week. I hope.. i have a tendency to let these things sit a while...

The shocks were about $185 shipped, which is a bit more than some of the options out there, but I wanted a longer shock without caps or other adornment, and I wanted them to be all black. I got them off eBay. Once the swingarm is painted (maybe today? maybe tomorrow), I'll put the rear end together and post it up.

I think the shorter fender will clean up the front a lot. I'm planning to paint it black (my bike has the black tank from the factory, and the frame will likely stay black... it needs a respray for sure). With the knobby tires it will look sweet.

Back