new and need some bits

mitch

XS400 Member
Reaction score
hey guys,
i just bought myself a 1980 xs400 she's a beauty:)
it is missing the flange type things that go at the top of the exhausts. what are these called and where can i get 2.
i also want to get some nice hand controls so if anyone has any good links they would be much appreiciated.

Attachments

• IMG_0296.jpg
    IMG_0296.jpg
    285.1 KB · Views: 263
  • IMG_0311.jpg
    IMG_0311.jpg
    300 KB · Views: 252
welcome to the forum Mitch, nice bike there :thumbsup:

the exhaust looks complete its an aftermarket 2 in1 system.

what sort of hand controls are you disabled?

thanks for the responses fellas.
Drewpy no i'm not disabled i should have better specified what i'm after. i'm looking to neaten up and de clutter everything on my handle bars. like the indicator and horn switches, get some new clutch and brake leavers.

houghmade
the fairing was on it when i got it. i was going to take it off but it has grown on me and my plans for this bike keep changing. so for now it stays. i've started making a knee dent tank cos i had a spare one hanging round so i'll see how it looks with that.

the exhaust isnt leaking i have just seen in most of the photos of xs400's that they have a finned circular exhaust piece around the header. i dont know what its called?
i'll take some more pics this weekend and do some more reading on this site then post some more intelligent and specific questions

thanks

hey
i'm thinking of bobbing my bike but i have my misses telling me it has to have to seats cos i may have promised her it would before i bought it.
so i'll entertain the idea of doing a two seat bobber if i can find some pics of some insparation it would help greatly.
i was thinking of something like this but hopefully better looking?

Attachments

• 1979-xs400.JPG
    1979-xs400.JPG
    79.4 KB · Views: 237
thanks for the responses fellas.
Drewpy no i'm not disabled i should have better specified what i'm after. i'm looking to neaten up and de clutter everything on my handle bars. like the indicator and horn switches, get some new clutch and brake leavers.

thanks

have a look at some custom parts, the handle bars are the standard 22mm (7/8th) so lots of stuff around, just got to figure how you wire it up.

Whereabouts are you from?

i'm in Australia so parts are slightly more difficult to get but at least the dollar is good:)
i'll be trying to find a whole bunch of custom bits and once i'm happy with what ive got i'll pull the bike off the road and start the re build.

Back