New Member!!!

Shawngilr1

XS400 Member
Reaction score
Hello to everyone!! I'm a new member to the Forum! I am happy to see a forum dedicated to the XS400. I just inherited a 1978 XS400E-R from my uncle. This was the first street bike I learned to ride on when I was a kid. This 400 hundred is now going to be my first cafe racer build. Cometics of the bike are in good shape just needs paint, and my cousin put a new top end in it and then lost intrest in the bike. One question I have is, I notice there is a lot of cafe seats for the XS650, well those seats work on a xs400?

welocme to the forum.

I put an xr750 tracker seat on mine, but had to cut the rear 100mm for it to fit and expect to make brackets.

pictures we want pictures!

Sorry about that guys here are some pics of 1978 XS400E-R!! All I have done so far is put a new battery in, changed the bars and cleaned the Carbs, and started cleaning everything else up. I am having problems uploading pics.!!

Last edited:
Ok here are the pics. Darn new guy!! lol

Attachments

• 1978 400.bmp
    22.5 KB · Views: 216
  • 1978 XS400E-R.bmp
    15 KB · Views: 204
  • clubmans.bmp
    18.9 KB · Views: 181
These are better!!

Attachments

• a bigger pic.jpg
    a bigger pic.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 207
  • bp1.jpg
    bp1.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 212
  • bp2.jpg
    bp2.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 210
  • bp3.jpg
    bp3.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 215
Update on my Cafe build!! I have torn everything down to the frame, and changed it to its new color. Now in the process of putting it back together. Just need my Cafe seat and tank painted, thats next on the list.

Attachments

• frame1.jpg
    frame1.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 203
very cool!!! im on this one like flies on chit man. what color will the tank be?

The tank and cafe seat well be black, and the Yamaha lettering on the tank well be Blue like the frame.

Back