new paint for 400?????

iron_inc

XS400 Member
Reaction score
Always been a xs650 fan and I just happened to stumble across the 400 site thought I'd shoe some of my paint and ask for any opinions, likes, and dislikes. Thanks guys

Wow, you do beautiful work. I think the white and red set with the koi designs is my favourite of this lot. Thanks for sharing :)

Great paint! :) Been thinking about painting my own tank soon, have an airbrush for other hobbies which I might try for some cool effect... Will have to see if it's doable though
Probably won't turn out as good as yours though hehe

Greatly appreciated levdir. requiem. Feel free with any questions or shoot me some of your ideas and I can let you know what your gonna run into

Greatly appreciated levdir. requiem. Feel free with any questions or shoot me some of your ideas and I can let you know what your gonna run into
Basically I feel confident I can use my airbrush correctly and (with stencils) get a nice design although i haven't decided what I'm going to make yet, what worries me is getting nice and even coats and finishing up with such a beautiful coat of clear as you've got. I've been looking into the sanding process and quite honoustly it's seems daunting.

I've currently got little space to do the painting, I only have a small compressor and airbrush (0.2 and 0.4 nozzle) for airbrushing so I'm stuck using rattle cans for the regular coats, or I need to buy a bigger spraygun and compressor.

I'd really love to do something similar to your Koi tank, though that hardly seems feasible for a beginner hehe

How big of an air C? A small pancake compressor would work and I shot the orange tank with purple hf gun so its doable. sanding isn't that big a deal the trick is starting and ending with the right grit although I would be tricky with rattle can clear I don't think it's as hard or thick

I've got one of those typical compressors like these:
auto-part-tank-mini-airbrush-compressor-with-double-switch.jpg

If that compressor is strong enough I might consider just buying a HVLP gravity gun for the basecoats and clear coat.

Thanks for the advice :)

Thanks for the advice :) Will consider options, buying a compressor and spraygun for 1 tank will be hard to explain to my GF hehe, may just have to go for rattle can or have someone else paint the tank for me

Back