New set of carbs. New set of problems.

Was the engine at full operating temp? If not, then you wasted your time.

More importantly, where are the fuel levels? If they are too high, all other efforts are futile.

Reread your post. Haven't a clue what you're suggesting re the clear tube and checking fuel like that. Will do a search and see what I can find. Thanks.

If your plugs have ever been soaked in gas or have have a lot of idle time and not street time they can be fouled. Get a new set and try it.

I would expect it to be difficult to tune, through the entire RPM range. Well, idle and just above should be reasonably easy. Mid range and top end will probably be challenging.

It also depends on how fussy one is. Some people don't know or care if there is a flat spot at a certain RPM. Others strive for a linear power curve. The further one gets from stock, the greater the tuning challenge.

If your plugs have ever been soaked in gas or have have a lot of idle time and not street time they can be fouled. Get a new set and try it.

Plugs are two months old. Bike has been ridden for 20-30 mins every couple of days. This is what the plugs look like.

27462833041_eeea18c79e_c.jpg

I noticed the left carb seems to be damp with fuel (above float bowl) and below it looks to be condensed fuel which has dripped from it. What might this suggest?

26925735724_f3e3776875_c.jpg

27436328982_2744580207_c.jpg

That you need to check the fuel level in the carbs. Has that been suggested yet?...

Haha… Possibly. I just haven't had time with work taking first priority at the moment. I just noticed this when I was adjusting the idle yesterday. No more questions til I check the levels then.

Back