New to Yamaha

Your tank turned our very nice.I repainted mine from stock color maroon also..Turned out very well but now the clear coat is cracking.

Thanks, unfortunately I've developed a bubble under the paint. Send that fuel is leaking under the paint making the bubble.

I actually picked up an xs750 standard tank to fit to the 400. I figure the added capacity will be nice and then I'll reshape the seat during my style revamp of the bike.

The tank has 2 petcocks, gonna blank off the one and go from there.

Been riding the 400 each day since I got here.

Observations:
1. 2 kicks to start in the morning, sometimes 1
2. Clutch has a very short pull for use, more like a switch. I'll have to get used to it.
3. Tank bubble has grown, I should of shipped the new tank here.
4. Turn signal switch is finicky. First right signal works and left turns rear signal on steady and Front off. Now left works and right does nothing. I need to clean the switch out I guess.
5. Idle is smooth and great, anything past 3/4 throttle breaks up under power while moving. Free revs to red though in neutral or clutch pulled... all stock bike.
6. Still kickstart only, start motor solenoid clicks but start motor doesn't spin, not too worried about that.

Attachments

• 20170904_124457.jpg
    20170904_124457.jpg
    241.5 KB · Views: 224
Looking forward to working on the 400 next month once I get to Florida. Here is my reminder list to myself.

1: Tank replacement with xs750 tank
Need to block of Lt the second petcock, clean the inside and paint.

2: New tires.

3: Clutch, shows signs of slipping. When riding, if I hit the throttle the rpms rise and then settle down and the bike accelerates

4: update/renew electrical

5: shorten rear fender and replace tail light and change out the seat.

Honestly the aesthetic changes will happen before the electrical, but I like to think I’ll do the electrical first.

Back