New xs400 cafe project

Silverkrown

XS400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought this bike a few years ago for the chic I was with at the time to ride around on. Fast forward a couple years and this bike has been sitting around for a while so I figured it would be a good winter project. Going for a cafe look to it. Here is a before and current picture of it. I have it all apart right now for paint and powder.

Attachments

• YamahaXS400.jpg
    YamahaXS400.jpg
    265.1 KB · Views: 280
  • CafeSeatLight.JPG
    CafeSeatLight.JPG
    147.5 KB · Views: 308
I bought this bike a few years ago for the chic I was with at the time to ride around on. Fast forward a couple years and this bike has been sitting around for a while so I figured it would be a good winter project. Going for a cafe look to it. Here is a before and current picture of it. I have it all apart right now for paint and powder.

Except for the luggage rack that bike was an exact duplicate of what mine used to look like.

funny ha ha

So what are you going to do with that seat and tail light?Are you going to fiber glass it and make sharp tail section or something different?

funny ha ha

So what are you going to do with that seat and tail light?Are you going to fiber glass it and make sharp tail section or something different?

I originally made the seat section out of fiber glass but wasn't happy with the way it turned out. You can actually see it sitting on my lathe in the background. Decided to remake it out of metal. Still needs some work though.

Back