New xs400 owner need help with idling issues

Lockmonsta1995

XS400 Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone in advance I appreciate all your inputs and hope you all can help me solve this. So I purchased this bike already modified to be a bobber now I've been working on it had to clean and flush the gas because of trash in it and now the bike has new gas and clean lines with a in line filter. The bike won't start with giving a little throttle and when riding it wants to die as soon as I let go down to idle. Any suggestions? Thanks

Yes I've tweaked it a bit and I adjusted the butterflies to make them more in sync, but now I'm not sure where to put the screw. But also I'm running it without any air breathers on it

Make sure the carbs are clean adjusted and synced with a manometer. Then put a set of proper air filters on it. Uni's work very well with these type carbs. Post a few pics of the bike so we can see what you have.

Okay I've got the filters ordered and I adjusted the idle screw this morning its running a whole lot better but it's still a little rough, possibly need to be tuned afree the air filters

Attachments

• 20141122_093114.jpg
    20141122_093114.jpg
    301 KB · Views: 104
Straight pipes? Another thing that will give you tuning issues. Make sure the carbs are jetted and adjusted for that.

Back