Newb With Questions

Ok, so I almost have everything put back together until I notice one of my floats looks wet. I put it in a can of water and my float is now a "sink." :doh: Where can I buy new ones without spending $50/float (current fleabay price)? I tried mikesxs and they are out of stock.:(

Last edited:
:D Found 2 brand new floats in England and had them shipped here to west central Pennsylvania for $39 cheaper than buying 2 on fleabay from a guy 200 miles away. If you guys need floats or diaphragms, check out http://www.nrp-carbs.co.uk. Andy there seems like a great guy.

Anyway, got the carbs back on last night, turned the fuel on, and hit the starter. She started right up and purred just as sweet as could be. Now hopefully to take her for a test ride tonight. :bike:

Since I've had the bike for a few weeks now I've been thinking about moving in the direction of a true street tracker, which I believe is like a retired dirt tracker that the rider has made street legal again, correct? With doing this I was wondering if anyone else has dirt bike bars and what bend are you running? Also, going with dirt bars I would like to run dirt bike levers and perches. My problem is that I have drum front brakes, can I just use a clutch lever and perched for my front brake? I know dirt trackers didn't traditionally have front brakes, but we have lots of fairly large brown animals that like to wander across the road here in PA. :yikes:

Back