Newbie from Wisconsin

Iggster

XS400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey all. Just thought I would drop in and introduce myself. I am the newbie from Packer land. I commonly go by the nick name Iggs. I am getting my first motorcycle in 20 years...yeah it has been that long since I last rode. I am actually getting a 1980 xs400 from a member on here on thurs and thought I would join the forum to get as much input into getting the bike running as I can. Not sure what it will need but will soon find out. I look forward to chatting with everyone here!
Here is a pic of the bike
View attachment 7513

Last edited:
Congrats and welcome!

It was about 40 years between my first cycle and my next 2-wheel ride - a 50 cc scoot. Quickly moved up to a 300 cc scoot then to my '80 Yammy.

Last edited:
It is an 80 and have been reassured of that. He got it as a parts bike but never used any parts from it. Just needs the battery and gas hopefully. Will check all hoses, wires, carbs etc before attempting to start her once i get her.

Yep, definitely an '80. The '79s had a much smaller step in the seat and slightly lower bars.

Plan on giving the carbs a good...and I mean GOOD cleaning.

Good luck....even to a Packers fan.

Go Bears!!

Hehe...not a problem. I understand the awesome mind clarifying properties of coffee as I swear by it! Anyway....yeah planning on a really good going through of the carbs. Hopefully it wont be too difficult

Well...Finally got my bike home and am very happy to find out that it is a 1980 xs400 special II ! That means no points! AWESOME!

I will try and get some pics up as the bike has some weatheriztion on her ( lol named her diana) that way i can document the before and after. wd40...steel wool...and wire brushes will become my friend in the next few days I believe!

and it starts. Have a replacement headlight already. will need new fuel line and a negative battery cable as well as the battery. hopefully will be all done cleaning her by sunday to give her the first start attempt.

Last edited:
Back