newbie in need of HELP!!!

dobbie750

XS400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
ok so here goes, just bought an xs400 chop of ebay needs a little work to get road legal, but not much, am stuck with a few bits though.
according to the engine number its a 78 american import (being english) but the wheels are off an 81 and the tank is off an 80 and the frame is made from the 78 cradle with a hardtail welded on the back end.
got a few bits i need help with though,
what size is the fuel line as the one thats on there is knakered and previous owner didnt know what size was supposed to be so just wedged an old bit of pipe on to stop it leaking (go figure):doh:, also where does the rear brake switch attatch to the pedal as doesnt seem to be a hooking point that i can see?, and finaly it seems to be a kick only is this right or am i missing something?
appreciate any answers:thumbsup:

My '78 2e is kick only; you may have one of those too.

The fuel line I used from petcock to carburetor is 3/16" automotive braided rubber hose (SAE 30R6 KX); some of the cheaper tubing I originally tried frequently tore when bent at modest angles.

The attachment point for the rear brake switch is on the pivoting arm that the rear brake pedal is attached to. It is hidden by the frame from an outside perspective. See the photo.

Attachments

• rear_brake.jpg
    rear_brake.jpg
    185 KB · Views: 251
thankyou bcware, very much appreciated now i dont feel like such an idiot, will post some picks soon of the current state and then catch up when road legal.

Back