No power to lighting circuit.

edwin

XS400 Member
Reaction score
Hello All
I have come back to working on the 250se 4G. The harness has been off so now's the time to replace all the wiring. Now here's the thing;I have the starter circuit working correctly along with indicators and horn. My question is. Does the engine need to be running before I can check that the lighting circuit is working as it should?
I can't help feeling I'm missing something simple as I haven't any power to the headlight or the brake switches.

Cheers; any help would be greatly appreciated

Regards Edwin

If I remember right I think the engine has to be running for the headlight to work. Mines torn down for a bobber build right now or I would check.LOL

Yes, the way the relay works for the headlight requires it to be running to latch on. Sometimes a few turns of the starter or a couple kicks is enough to get it to latch on.

Yes, the way the relay works for the headlight requires it to be running to latch on. Sometimes a few turns of the starter or a couple kicks is enough to get it to latch on.
AAAh! So that is why there's no power. Thanks for clarifying that issue. I'll search now to find out how to check said relay works.

All the best Gentlemen

Edwin

Back