Off idle dying... HELP!?

We are still lucky enough to be able to buy ethanol free gas from some companies here.
Some choose to meet the 5% overall mandate by putting more in their regular, less in their mid-grade and none in their premium.
Others companies put the same % in all their grades.

...To keep it simple, the higher the octane, the lower the flash point of the fuel which results in slightly cooler operating temperatures. Due to principles of vapour pressure...Sorry for getting nerdy, I'm a chemistry Ph.D. student with a M.S. and B.A. and can't really help myself.

Err. Octane, flash points, thermal latency and vapor pressure are different things. The octane rating of gasoline has nothing to do with the others, other than it may be affected when gasoline is blended differently to change the flash point or vapor pressure of the fuel. Sorry for getting picky, I was an aircraft tech and my father in law is a retired petrochemical engineer with patents in his name.

And getting back on topic, ethanol is evil. Don't run it in our bikes unless it is an emergency. If that means you have to buy premium fuel, so be it.

Back