Oops, how do I fix my carb?

sir_h_c

XS400 Addict
Reaction score
I was leaking fuel from the intake on my carb so I took the carbs off to try and tighten things up and the damn thing sheared off! I'll try to attach a pic we'll see how this goes. Anyway, that little thing the fuel line attaches to was wiggling and leaking so I tried to turn the 12mm nut that was right next to it. It didn't take much and it sheared right off. Please don't tell me I need to get new carbs...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    300.6 KB · Views: 158
My prob isn't that I couldn't get it out(at least not yet, I haven't tried) I need to know I can a replacement without buying a whole carb! I will def give it some flame when I get to that however, thnx.

The thing you broke is called a banjo bolt. A quick search didn't turn up a source for one specific to the carb, but I think you might be able to find one if you knew the size of it.

Also, you might be able to find or modify a fitting to fit instead of the banjo.

I have one for sale if you want it:)

Attachments

• DSC01604.jpg
    DSC01604.jpg
    164.8 KB · Views: 160
I got the banjo bolt out of the parts carb no prob and have pb blasted the busted one. I'll try getting it out tomorrow.

Can I put a helicoil or something in the fuel intake hole? The banjo bolt has been broken, heated, pb blasted, drilled out and I still cannot get what remains of it out of the hole. I know I could just buy a new carb but in the spirit of possibility, would it work? I have no experience with helicoils or anything or with retreading something like this...

Back