Trade - Or For Sale- 1979 SOHC 8,000 mile engine

Ilovemountains

XS400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m looking for a clean set of disk brake mag wheels for my 77D. I have a 1979 SOHC XS400 engine that I bought from, what I was told a good running parts bike, “I needed a set of carbs” for yet another project! The carbs are very clean and it seems to have good compression as far as I can tell, I have no gauge tester so I have no way to get actual #s.

Though I didn’t buy it, the speedometer that was still on the bike only had just north of 8,000 miles; the old guy I bought it all from could not get a title for the bike and decided to part it out.

I don’t need another spare engine taking up space and my wheels are hideous, anyone have a spare clean set of disk mags looking for an engine up for a trade? Let me know, if not $200 cash takes it complete with stator, electric starter, points cover and chain guard / sprocket cover, that will cover having mine powder coated :)

I’m outside of Harpers Ferry WV 25425 which is about 1.5 hours from Washington DC or Baltimore MD. I’d really rather not ship it just because of its weight. The last time I bought a used motorcycle engine and had it shipped, they packed it well and it still got damaged. If you want it shipped, Ill find a small pallet and ship it that way, or can pack it in a big plastic tote and ship it with insured, on your dime so if it gets cracked its not on me! If $200 is too high shoot me an offer, Let me know, Matt

Last edited:
Back