For Sale - Parts from '78 and '79 XS400

Status
Not open for further replies.

motor1234

XS400 Member
Reaction score
I'm building a cafe racer (maybe two), and have a bunch of spare parts from the two bikes which I will not be using. I may decide to only make one cafe bike, I'm waiting until I get the titles straightened out to decide that. I have one set of carbs, but missing a few pieces, so I think I'm just going to try to find a complete set somewhere. I am using the tank I have.

So here's what I've got to get rid of:

4 air-filter boxes
1 motor (complete, no carbs, little rough around the edges in appearance, not locked, good compression)
1 Rear fender
2 brakelights
4 turn signals and stems
2 battery boxes
1 headlight (no holder)
2 exhaust pipes
1 Frame (1978, complete, with swingare, both sandblasted, working to get title, will update when I have it)
1 Center Stand
1 Side Stand
1 Carburetor (incomplete, let me know if you need parts, and I'll see if I have them)
1 rear wheel - 7 spoke, with sprocket and brake rotor attached, no tire
1 set of front forks
1 front wheel - disc brakes, currently locked (will update once fixed)
3 stock handlebars

Many others - let me know what you need and I'll see if I have it.

Am located in Cincinnati, OH. Will ship most parts (pay with paypal), or can arrange pickup. Thanks guys! Make an offer on whatever you need. PM me!

No plastics, sorry. The center stand is available, but, upon closer inspection, it does not have the foot peg on the side. Paint, dirt, and rust are stripped off. Still interested? I'd say $20 shipped?

Hi, I'm looking for the rear seat tail fairing.

http://www.xs400.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6805

Also, how much for the center stand shipped to 60056?

Hi everyone,
I am in need of a seat tail fairing for a 1978 XS400. I'm not sure on the exact part name but it is the rear plastic section behind the seat. While moving the bike off a stand a small part of plastic snapped off. If you have one, or know of a place that has one please let me know. Must be in excellent to perfect condition.

I am doubting that is the 78 which he is parting out. Too bad that i have a carmine red tail cover and not excellent, certainly not perfect condition so good luck!
Once again, speedandsportinc seem to prob have. they note 'contact us', you want perfect then no problem to pay for perfect i assume. :shrug:

TBH I would give you mine Luke for cost of shipping but seriously it is not even 'good' condition, barely worth the postage. sorry.

motor1234 said:
No plastics, sorry. The center stand is available, but, upon closer inspection, it does not have the foot peg on the side. Paint, dirt, and rust are stripped off. Still interested? I'd say $20 shipped?

Ok thanks anyway. I'll pass on the center stand, I appreciate the help though.

I am doubting that is the 78 which he is parting out. Too bad that i have a carmine red tail cover and not excellent, certainly not perfect condition so good luck!
Once again, speedandsportinc seem to prob have. they note 'contact us', you want perfect then no problem to pay for perfect i assume. :shrug:

I included the picture of the one I currently have on the bike. The bottom plastic piece snapped off. :doh: Do you by any chance have a link to speedandsportinc page with the seat tail? I couldn't find it.

yamatopdog.com is their address That part will be big $ if they have it:eek:

Hey whats up, I live in Cincy as well...and happen to be building an XS400! What condition are your forks in? And is the rear wheel you have an 18" or 16" Let me know prices too, thanks man. -Joe

Yep that's the one with the weird Diagonal mount. Anybody know where to find it? Been searching for months.

I have the muffler part of the exhaust pipes (chrome ends) but not the header pipes. $60 shipped if you're still interested?

Do you still have the wheels? If so, I would also like to know if they are 16" or 18" and how much.

Are the muffler the same on a 77? On my 77 the muffler go back almost to the end of the rear wheel. I actually only need the left one, but would would buy both if you wanted to keep them together. I also need the front and rear master cylinders. If you have any of this still available, how much shipped to California? Thanks!

Posted via Mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back