past owners of my bike

drewpy

Excess twin
Top Contributor
Reaction score
In the UK, we have the DVLA, who keep records of past owners of bikes, cars etc. Upon payment of £5 you can request a list of the past owners and where they lived. needless to say I got mine back and next year, I'm going to revisit all those places the bike was owned starting from the yamaha dealer who happily, is still in exsistence :thumbsup:

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?ms...&ll=52.996603,-3.386536&spn=1.269573,2.831726

if they are still alive. the bike's 34 years old

Valid point. Drew... You think of all the cool shit I would like to do when I finally get my bike "up to par"... Perhaps when I need a reason to just get out and ride I will ask you :thumbsup:

here in the states for 1dollar you can get the last record of ownership. For my bike the last registered owner was a guy 2 hours away in Lincoln, NE. And that was back in 89 the bike was last registered. After a little digging i found the guy and though he is at a different address he is still in lincoln. We will be getting together to get the title transferred over to me here in another month or so.

I did a title search on my bike aswell hadn't been registered in ages and the guy I bought it off here didn't have ownership so I went to our MTO. I have to say though you guys in the states have it way cheaper. I think it was almost 20 bucks for a used veichle package here. I found the last reigstered owner of my bike he lives close and agreed to meet me to get a new ownership. I really should do that sooner then later it seems working on it is way more fun then the paper work.

Back