petcock

moorishone

xs400 new project help
Reaction score
Does anyone know if this is repairable or should I just replace it. And where can I find a suitable replacement

Attachments

• IMAG0203.jpg
    IMAG0203.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 79
Or you can just use an in-line filter which is a good idea anyway :wink2:

If the petcock otherwise works as it should, I'd use it with an external fuel filter. I pulled the in-tank screens off of my new petcock and used an external filter so I would not have to deal with draining the tank and pulling out the petcock due to the screens getting clogged. Even with the internal screens, you would have to run an external filter to make sure your carbs kept clean.

If I remember right, that gives the reserve tank the distance by having that in place. Other wise you would, have 10 seconds between switching to reserve, and being on empty.

Thank you for the quick response. So let me get this right my petcock works fine I can use it without the screens if I have an external filter? Would you recommend the small glass filter or one of the larger sized filters? One more question is 60 dollars too much for a master cylinder for the front brake?

Stay with a paper filter. When I cleaned my carb this spring, I had so much rust in there, I was shocked. The paper just minimized the possible particle size that was left in the fuel solution. (I have since then coated the tank with POR15.

Back