Pilot Jet

SpecialK

XS400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im in the middle of cleaning the carbs on my 1983 Yamaha Maxim 400 and the previous owner must have stripped out the heads on the Pilot jet. I was able to get them out but they are damage and cannot be used.

Can anyone recommend/give me a link on where to buy replacements? I checked Mikexs but couldn't find the proper ones. (Mine don't have bleed holes in them).

Also can anyone confirm the correct jet size for the pilot jets? I can't seem to find it in the manual unless they are referred to as 'starter jets'.

Thanks

Yeah that's the size. I ending up just ordering from Mikexs cause I needed some other parts as well. The ones on his website have little bleed holes on the side of the jet. On the website it states that they are interchangeable so hopefully they workout

If your bike came with a non-bleed then you will need a non-bleed. It will not run right with the bleed type jets.

If figured that might be the case. I was doing some research prior to buying them and people were saying that they didn't notice any difference between the bleed and non bleed in their bikes. I'll report back on if they work or not. Thanks

I'll consider myself the DOHC guinea pig lol. I believe that the sohc carbs have a plastic plug that goes over the pilot jet where as the DOHC does not and the fuel just passes right down the middle compared to the side. I'll order some non bleed ones as well just in case.

Back