For Sale - Powdercoated tank

Savantjk

Newbie to the xs400 world
Reaction score
Tank was supposed to be a light blue, picked it up from the powdercoater with a seafoam green finish. It's actually grown on me even though it wasn't what I expected, but I am going to go with a tank that has knee dents. Tank was bead blasted before coating. There's only one small ping dent that I've noticed in the tank. Rounded, not creased, not deep. Doesn't show unless you're looking for it. The badges are brand new from mikesxs. Chrome lettering. I have one of the original badges with weathered gold finish if you want it. I'm not going to use it. All that's left to do is clean the inside (light surface rust from sitting up) and it's ready to go. The powdercoat finish will be much more durable than paint. I'll part with it for less than I have in it for one of you guys. $100 takes it. Let me know so I can get a shipping quote. I'll cut a box down and just pad it well to save on costs.

100MEDIA95IMAG0070.jpg

100MEDIA95IMAG0069.jpg

100MEDIA95IMAG0068.jpg

100MEDIA95IMAG0067.jpg

100MEDIA95IMAG0066.jpg

moto_0801.jpg

Couldn't catch the dent in the shot.. tried and it wouldn't show up.
Will consider reasonable offers.

Oh and if you see anything in this shot that you want info on, let me know and I'll take additional pics and get info to you.

100MEDIA95IMAG0071.jpg

$100 for tank. I have the master cylinder, but the front brake was locked up when i got the bike. Probably needs a rebuild.

Also, for anyone interested in the tank, I can have it powdercoated in black for about $20. Would take a few more days though.

Tank is posted on ebay as of today. Let me know if you're interested and I'll take it down.

I'll do $70 without the badges. I'm trying to get funds towards tires! The ones on the build bike are dry-rotted so bad that they won't hold longer than a few hours.

Still extra $20 to get it in black? Roughly, how much does it cost to have a tank powder coated? Just curious because $20 seems very reasonable. I would have guessed that powder coating would cost upwards of $100. Oh and if you are interested and for kicks and giggles I just bought a rear Shinko tire off Amazon for $50. Very reasonable IMO because I called shops around my area and the cheapest I found was $115 plus $40-$75 to replace it. I decided I would replace my own since it is fairly simple and would save me a lot of $$$ :)

Usually powder coat is a lot more expensive. I have made friends with the local shop I use and they do everything wicked cheap for me. As long as I stick to colors they keep in stock they do it for less than the price of spray-bombing! It is off of an '81 model so I'm not sure about fitment on the '77. I'm new to the xs400 world.

Back