quick carb question

Sauerkraut

XS400 Member
Reaction score
82 RJ is a dohc bike. Yours is a sohc bike. Those boots will work for all sohc xs400's. Post a pic of the carbs you bought. If they are for a dohc they wont fit/work for your bike without lots of modifying.

shit, I had a feeling that might be the case. Heres the pictures

Attachments

• unnamed (5).jpg
    unnamed (5).jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 224
  • unnamed (4).jpg
    unnamed (4).jpg
    170.2 KB · Views: 251
Yep dohc. There was a member (drewpy) that modified a set. You could ask him how to or try and sell those and get the correct set.

dammit, thanks for the info. Whats the differences that are visible in the pics

Edit: I notice now..

Spacing, jets, needles, gaskets, cable location. These where setup for a different motor. If you fix the spacing issue you will have to find a set of guts off a sohc set to replace them with. The 80-82 sohc xs400 use the same diaphragms and bodies as the 82-84 dohc xs400. But most other stuff is different. The biggest thing is the spacing.

Spacing, jets, needles, gaskets, cable location. These where setup for a different motor. If you fix the spacing issue you will have to find a set of guts off a sohc set to replace them with. The 80-82 sohc xs400 use the same diaphragms and bodies as the 82-84 dohc xs400. But most other stuff is different. The biggest thing is the spacing.

Cheers for the help, I messaged drewpy to see what he has to say, I also have my old carb internals laying around so Ill see what he says. Ill probably just get the proper one. thanks!

Back