Really???

Ebola Monkey

XS400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
http://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/mcy/2447256988.html

OK, let me get this straight....

You bought an xs400 (probably for under $300), chopped off the back end, remounted the rear fender, slapped on a sporty tank, some $15 cherry bombs, a $10 seat, and some ridiculous apes. $1200???

Do these POS actually sell? If that's the case I'm selling my xs400, and 650 tomorrow.

yeah, ive seen xs650 like that listed for three lol. people think everything is worth more than it is, just because its "custom". ill sell mine one day, but its not gonna be listed at 3K, even tho it may be worth it by the time om done. lol

What gets me is people taking nice clean bikes that are worth like $1200 stock and with time that would only go up and hacking the crap out of them (badly) and thinking they are "nicer" bikes.:wtf: You are right unless they are done very well. A chopped up bike is not worth very much and always less than a clean stock one. No one wants someone else is "vision" of what a bike should be.:D

It is sad to see some of the really nice stock old bikes cut up but that has happened since the beginning of time with motorized vehicles. Perhaps that will make mine worth more in the long run.

I know of an XS400 that was converted to a Cafe Racer that just sold for $2300! The work done was very good but still needed a few finishing touches. The buyer said it was exactly what he was looking for and he had seen a lot of poorly done bikes. You just never know!

Cherry Bombs on a bike!!! Brilliant!!! He should be charging $1200 just for the idea. I'm headin to the parts store now!!! (sarcasm)

9*8*-+
.1200 to me is a streach, is sounds like it still needs to be tinkerd with saying that the carbs need tuned. some bikes dont start out so cleen, mine had dents in the tank,had been in a light layover broken blinker arm.carbs needed attention.but had a title,some of the guys around here are asking 400-600 with out a title. dought if they ever get it but i guess you gatta leave room for negocations. and you never no my grand father always sOO"[]'
O?_JU=n]\
1=

sorry I had to set down the laptop to get one of my twin grandsons and the other got ahold of it anyways my grandfather always said there is a sucker born every min.

Back