Rear brake replacement

AMR-XS400

Chopping to XS
Reaction score
Has anyone replaced their rear brake master cylinder with another type? i need a new one and would like to keep the original rear disc and caliper. I will be moving the new master cylinder to the passenger footrest bracket as i intend on putting my rearsets there. any ideas? or has someone completly replaced the rear brakes with aftermarket ones?

I am keeping both calipers for now, but I picked up the master cylinders from a 250 ninja because of the similarity in weight and size. And the banjo bolt size is the same so its pushing the same amount of fluid. I'll will be posting my mock up as soon as it gets warmer and I can spend some quality time in the garage.:thumbsup:

Mine is off a 03, but i think they are the same from 85-07, 08-present its the new style which still has the same measurements, just cost more. I'm looking into rear sets from one too to make the mock up easier to the rear MC. Take a look. I got the whole system off craigslist for 35.00 shipped. That and ebay are your best bet.

Back