Rear Drum to Disk Conversion

Charles

XS400 Addict
Reaction score
Ok, I thought I had all the parts I needed for this, but perhaps not. I have the rear mag, disc, I'll be using the rearsets from an R6, blah, blah, blah. Anyhow, I'm mocking up the wheel and it looks as if I need different spacers. I didn't get the spacers for a mag wheel and it looks like the spacers from the drum don't work. Can someone post up pics of the spacers needed for the 18" disc brake rear mag?

In the mean time, here's a pic of my pretty powdercoated wheel and its drilled disc rotor. :)

IMG_20130224_165627_zps6aa4e7ce.jpg

Ok, so I figured all I probably need is part 12 and 13 from the fiche, but my Yamaha dealer said it's not available...ANYWHERE. Maybe I'll turn down the spacer from the drum brake wheel.

its only a small spacer with a little "shield" around it. I don't have one to hand but it should be fairly easy to cut one from a piece of ally tubing.

If anyone happens to have one lying around, if you could measure the length, that would be superb! From what I can tell, the only things between the bearing and the swingarm are the spacer, the caliper carrier and the axle adjuster, yes?

If anyone happens to have one lying around, if you could measure the length, that would be superb! From what I can tell, the only things between the bearing and the swingarm are the spacer, the caliper carrier and the axle adjuster, yes?

correct :thumbsup:

Back