1. Having trouble logging in? Try closing your browser and re-opening it. If that doesn't work, try a different browser or device. The site will be updated soon to resolve these browser issues.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Want an XS400.com t-shirt? Go to the store to order. Limited sizes and quantities available.
    Dismiss Notice

rear shocks

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Youlost, Aug 2, 2023.

1. Youlost

Youlost XS400 Member

does anyone know what the eyelet size is on the lower rear shock mount? I thought I saw somewhere it was 12mm but not sure. I have a new pair of shocks that has the wrong bushing size in the lower mount and want to order the correct size. Hopefully only once...

2. CaptChrome

CaptChrome XS400 Addict Top Contributor

The lower is either 12 or 14mm, I can't remember which. I would have to take my shock off to measure it. Perhaps you can do that to find out?

A lot of aftermarket shocks come with multiple sets of bushings, so you just install the ones you need to fit the upper and lower mounts.

3. Youlost

Youlost XS400 Member

Mine came with aftermarket shocks with adapter/extenders. I bought a set of ohlins and the bushing is too small. I’m using the adapters but looks a little high??? I ordered a pair of generic 12mm ones to try though

Attached Files: