red 79 back on the road

hoganJr

hoganJr
Reaction score
check out these pics of my 79 XS400
xs4001.jpg

xs4002.jpg

she still needs some new tires and mirrors that see around my elbows and a little cleaning and polish would be good.
Thanks to this forum for helping me sort out a few issues with charging and idle.

HoganJr

looks a sweet ride :thumbsup:

I bought the bike for my 18 year old son. He just finished his motorcycle safety course. I like the idea of bar-end mirrors, but I'm not sure it's the best choice for a beginning rider...there's a reason why those MSC bikes have no mirrors or turn signals!

Any links to bar end mirror suppliers?

hoganJr

I bought mine off eBay- they are a little small, but they haven't fallen off and they don't vibrate badly at all.

picturedh.jpg

I bought mine at a local shop; most Japanese bikes have the same size bars and the fit is pretty universal. My bar-end mirrors do not vibrate nearly as badly as a standard style I tried at first. While teaching someone to ride on my XS it was dropped a few times; no damage to anything :) I like your exhaust!

I bought mine at a local shop; most Japanese bikes have the same size bars and the fit is pretty universal. My bar-end mirrors do not vibrate nearly as badly as a standard style I tried at first. While teaching someone to ride on my XS it was dropped a few times; no damage to anything :) I like your exhaust!

Yeah, I should just go for it and get the bar-ends.
Until looking around on this site I did not realize that the exhaust was not OEM.

hoganJr

Back