running on one cylinder! help! so close to get her running!

also seems like the exhaust has less coming out, and less powerful puffs, on the bum cylinder

cracked tappet cover seems to have been a vac leak? we'll see gonna get a new one morrow

apparently not out of the woods yet......

i think my right cylinder is not getting proper fuel, the carbs are linked by a small tube is it possible to run two separate fuel lines? so i know the second carb is getting fuel?

apparently not out of the woods yet......

i think my right cylinder is not getting proper fuel, the carbs are linked by a small tube is it possible to run two separate fuel lines? so i know the second carb is getting fuel?

Anythings possible, but before I did that, I'd just take the float plug on the right carb out with the gas turned on and if the gas keeps flowing, then that carb is getting gas. I'm not a big fan of modifying things to fix a problem. These things run fine when in proper repair set up the way they were from the factory, so if there is an engine problem, the goal should be returning it to the stock configuration. Modifications are fine to improve performance, but not as a means to fix something that should work as designed.

BTW- I am not suggesting letting the gas run all over, a foil trough directed into a container should work.

thats an excellent philosophy for fixing things! im going to have to start going with that haha, when you say float plug, do you mean the bolt in the bottom of the bowl?

thats an excellent philosophy for fixing things! im going to have to start going with that haha, when you say float plug, do you mean the bolt in the bottom of the bowl?

Yep, that the thing. It can be a tad messy, but it will show for sure if that carb is getting good fuel flow.

should i run it first? or just go unscrew it now? i havent had the bike on since last night.

ok so i uncorked the float bowl, an adequate amount of fuel came out, but the cylinder just wont run properly, it has spark, apparently it has fuel, and the compression is good, but it still pops alot like if it were running lean, without the extra heat.

Back