She's dyin' on me!

Liamrdv

XS400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now I know this is an xs400 forum but I don't know anywhere else to ask , I have been fixing up an old enduro (ct1 175) it's a 1972, fun bike anyways , it runs fine until I've been riding for about 10-15, minutes and all of a sudden it will just sputter out and die , it won't start again unless I running start it or wait a few minutes , and once I start it again it will die either right away or ifim lucky it will go again as long as I pin it and keep the throttle open wide and keep a good speed , also it idles very high once warmed up:wtf::yikes:

Also today it would idle really high in neutral, and would die out as soon as i kicked it into gear, as long as the clutch was disengaged it would idle but once in gear it would just quietly bog out, which lead me away from thinking it was fuel deficiency?

Thanks for the input, I cleaned out the carb which was pretty sad looking and blew out some chunks of dirt in the vents which im sure caused some of the issues as well as installing a new fuel filter, already sounds better, hopefully it runs better next time i take it out!

Back