Should i put these on?

Martis

Hobby mechanic
Reaction score
Gosh, i wish i had rights to close my own thread.

I'm NOT putting the stickers on, please stop posting here, thank you.

4rxibr.jpg

My bike?

zvc09s.jpg

v41bpc.jpg

Trying to decide, i'm 17 and need some grownups opinion lol. :bike:

Last edited:
I would not but its not my bike. If you like that sort of thing go for it!:)

Think of two things: personal expression, and resale value.

Are you so in love with Monster that you want to proclaim your Monster-love all over your bike?

And are others in your area so in love with Monster AND XS400s that they will want to proclaim their Monster-love if and when you decide to sell?

If the answers to both questions are a resounding YES, then by all means, give 'er.

But if not, then perhaps something a little more understated and reversible, like neon green grips, and maybe paint your brake components to give the same colour combo, but a little more understated.

OOOOOOR, put the decals on your helmet.

OOOOOOR, don't do it.

no don't do it, its like when you get sticker books off your parents and you think of things that want stickering and they then end up stuck everywhere just because you got them.

I picked up some Yamaha stickers on the cheap at a local dealer. Keep it simple and tasteful.

Attachments

• DSCN0080.jpg
    DSCN0080.jpg
    305.8 KB · Views: 305
Fuddle-Duddle, i'm not doing it. Thanks guys, those stickers would look stupid anyway.
Hey Martis. I almost chimed in when I first saw your thread, but others took care of it.
It is a cool logo and I can see why you like it, but since they don't make bikes or sponsor bike racing (just rally cars) your bike might all of a sudden not get respect - especially if the local-yokel convenience store in the middle of town hangs up a tacky sign like in the pic below. :laugh:

If it were me, I would put one small one on the little lock box cover below the instruments so I could sneak a look at it any time I wanted.

Attachments

• Monster.jpg
    Monster.jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 261
  • Monster Rally.jpg
    Monster Rally.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 250
Hopping in! Yay!

Anyways. Very few places still maintain there monster brand bikes anymore because they didn't sell. No one likes them. I love bcware's idea of the simple tasteful sticker. If you want to set yourside aside there are a *ton* of custom vinyl cutters out there. Think up a cool looking/colored version of something related to your model and get it in a nice contrasting color.

AKA the white on black. Brown on white. Gold on red. etc etc, a lot of awesome color ideas to play with. If you really want to get 'crazy'... play around in photoshop(just torrent it) and google photoshop caligraphy. You can play with the letters and spacing a ton. Find a cool font and layout for your idea, then place it over a picture of the bike. Start changing colors. Keep in mind whatever color you decide will not be *identical* to what you see. It will be really close though.

Also!!

Jeg snakker ikke bra norsk, men hei!

(I dated the granddaughter of the previous owner of Ringnes beer a decade ago lol)

Also!!
Jeg snakker ikke bra norsk, men hei!​

(I dated the granddaughter of the previous owner of Ringnes beer a decade ago lol)
Daily commuter (Ugly as hell)
Dan, :poke:, Dan? We may have to ask you to go on a nicotine replacement therapy program if you keep speaking in tongues ... :er:

Last edited:
Looks like I'm late to the party. From the way I see it, if the company won't give you money (or free/discounted stuff) for mentioning their product anywhere, they aren't even worth a fridge magnet.

Back