size wheels of a 400 xs

LUCHO

XS400 Addict
Reaction score
Is there anybody who know the size wheels of the 400 xs of spin cycle industries ?

The tyres are coker diamond but the siez of the wheels is it original 1.60 /18 for the front and 1.85/18 for the rear ?
Thanks

That would be stock size rims but the tires on that bike are way over sized. Those would be for show only as they would handle like crap. Stock would be 90/90-18 front and 110/90-18 rear. My guess would be they have 130/90-18 front and 140/90-18 rear tires on them rims.

Thanks i saw that coker diamond size are 4.00 18 so too big for the stock wheels.

But is it possible to keep the stock hub and change the rims to put those tyres for riding safetly ?

You can get wider rims but you need to keep in mind the space available between the forks and swing arm. Using larger than stock tires still will affect how the bike handles. Remember that yamaha came up with these size tires for best safest handling for a reason. But if you want a "look" then go for what ever you want. It's your bike.

On this 350 cb i'm sure that in front it's a 3.50 18 and rear 4.50 18 so 110/18 in front and 130 at rear because the owner guy's said it.
It's look like the same tyres size of the xs ?

The xs looks like it has a fatter tire on the front.

Yes it's seem a little bit more bigger for the front the two tires looks like the same on the pictures of the xs , perhaps they put two 4.00 18 for the both.

Stock sizes for a XS400 are:
Front- 3.5" x 18"
Back- 3.5" x 18"

XS360 are:
Front- 3" x 18"
Back- 3.5" x 18"

For my XS360, I want matching tires so I may end up going 3.5 up front and 4 on the back.. Id really like to keep the stock sizes though, but my tire choice is almost impossible if I want 3 x 18 up front. I want classic treads though...

I remember you saying that in another thread XSChris.. Im sure Yamaha changed something along the way before they stopped making the 360.

The Haynes manual I have says the 360 used a 3 x 18 for a front, I bought my bike with a Bridgestone speedmaster tire (exactly what it says) and its also 3 x 18. The bike only has 4000 miles on it so i doubt it was changed.

Maybe its just a coincidence that my bike has a 3" tire up front. I know that sometimes an "unofficial" workshop manual may not have all the facts correct either. It says the XS250 also had a 3" tire up front so it could have been a typo..?

They all used the same tire up front. All five of my xs400's have this stamped on the neck also. This is also stated in the haynes and factory manuals. Some of the rims where different. Some used 1.60 and 1.85. The drum brake bikes where 1.60 and the discs are 1.85 for the front.

Last edited:
Back