xs400 street tracker
Reaction score
Before:
full

New Exhaust and shocks:
full

Coming along:
full

I can see it now, that seat is the same as mine for my tracker!
Ah Marty Feldman, saw him in Beau Geste

Hahaha!!! thanks man! It's actually gonna just be a tach, and all that other BS will be gone.
Drewpy, did you get the seat from Glass From the Past? (I'm sure other people make those too.) It was originally from the Harley XR750 Dirt tracker, exact replica. I do all the seat uphostery for Glass from the Past and he gave me this one when I told him I was doing a street tracker build.
Tank is gonna be satin black, then I'm getting custom gold vinyl decals to match the ones like on this tank:
Yamaha%20XS400%2077%20%201.jpg

Speaking of...does anyone know what the difference is between the model with those decals and the normal ones? Is it a European release or something?

those are the normal decals for me:D

it def is an xr750 seat, but i got it from a guy who abanded his project. Got the seat, front fender, pad and Tank for £70 ($130ish)

Awesome!
Ahhh...then it must be a Euro version of the XS! I like those so much better than just the decals around the edge.

yeah, I've seen a couple on e-bay but none that offer them in gold. My sign guy is making me vinyl ones in gold to go with my theme and then I'm gonna clear coat the tank! I'll put more pics up this week, it should be done soon!

How are you mounting that seat section anyway? I am jealous! Is there anything under it for support? I need to figure something out for a seat on mine and I was worried about clearance over the various silly bits sticking up slightly on the frame. The frame is also not flat in that area, but rather has a bit of a curve. Is the fiberglass strong enough to bear weight with no base? I have a bunch of fiber glassing materials already.

BC have a ganders at my tracker blog and I have the same seat. I also have the 2A2 frame. the seat just needs to be supported across the frame and will support your weight!

Yeah, it's strong enough! There are some rubber shock mounts on the frame, and then it's bolted through the side rear section on each side. Also, when I do the seat, there is a separate upholstery pan that fits snugly onto the seat, with layers of foam so it ends up being pretty strong.

Yea I'm going to be buying a cafe seat from Glass from the Past!! They got a good slection. NCM you probably well being upholstering the seat, you guys do a great job!!

Back