Snow

Travis

Forum Staff
Staff member
Reaction score
So who's got snow on the ground? We have about 6" from the other night. My 30 min commute turned into a 1:20 min commute on Friday evening. :thumbsdown:

I work on a towboat on the Upper Mississippi River. We got around 5 inches Friday night while passing through Debuoqe, Iowa. It's hard to get used to this weather. I'm from Southern Indiana, and even though it gets cold, cold there just isnt the same as it is up north. Last winter, it was -17 up here!!! I wish I could get this snow at home, I would love to take the atv out and play a little!

Ha - ha - ha!
We have had snow on the ground since the middle of October . . . . but that's just normal up here in cariboo country. Right now it's -16c (2f), it has already hit -30c a few times.
Snowmowbile season is upon us.

None here in NW Jersey yet. Our snow plow guys are getting nervous, they usually count at least one big storm before Christmas $$$.

Pawl, that sucks. We actually had some snow about a month a month ago that mostly went away.. now it's all back and I'm sure it's here for good.

I have about 4 or 5 inches on the ground and it is snowing a bit today. Love the snow....except I don't ride this time of year.

^ Used to have snowmobiles. But the snow doesn't stay on the ground for long enough for the trails to stay open for more than a week or two. Even then they turn to shit really fast. Trailering the snowmobiles up to northern Wisconsin every weekend gets expensive. Also, snowboarding is great if you live in you Colorado, Utah, UP Michigan, Montana, or a couple other states, but around I live, the ski areas suck. :twocents:

So my point is, snow is awesome if you have enough of it to make winter sports fun. Where I live, it's just a cold pain in the ass.

^ Used to have snowmobiles. But the snow doesn't stay on the ground for long enough for the trails to stay open for more than a week or two. Even then they turn to shit really fast. Trailering the snowmobiles up to northern Wisconsin every weekend gets expensive. Also, snowboarding is great if you live in you Colorado, Utah, UP Michigan, Montana, or a couple other states, but around I live, the ski areas suck. :twocents:

So my point is, snow is awesome if you have enough of it to make winter sports fun. Where I live, it's just a cold pain in the ass.
"a cold pain in the ass" is EXACTLY what it is!! lol Well said.

Check out my Car! 15-20 more inches today and it's drifting all over. I already had the snow blower out but with it blowing all over it's almost pointless. And to top it off, tomorrow a high temp of 4f. :doh:

Attachments

• mycar.jpg
    mycar.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 352
Well I am sorry to hear for all you guys with snow. I will not even think about seeing snow this year not to brag or anything but it is 630 here in Az and it is 53 with a high of 72 today is pretty much riding season all year long here kinda nice.

Boy am I envious!,
I would love to move to AZ or New Mexico, especially this time of year. My thermometer read -42 Friday morning, and we had a city wide power-out for 2.5 hours in which ours, and about 1,000 others had our water lines freeze solid . . . $#@(*#!) power monopoly corp. just shrugs their shoulders and tells us "Sorry!" and we have to pay about $500 to get the lines steamed. It's now Sunday, and still waiting in line for the steam truck to show up

Attachments

• brrrrr.jpg
    brrrrr.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 360
  • brrrr2.jpg
    brrrr2.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 407
Wish I didn't! have to! ...lol. I hope that whole global warming thing finally kicks in up here in the sub-arctic . . ... I wanna see palm trees in my front yard.

^ haha.. don't see that happening anytime soon! Actually I'm glad I'm not you with the balls cold temps and frozen water lines!

Well I guess the only saving grace from the particularlly nasty weather this time of year is the spectacular overhead aurora borealis we get, that drive the hordes of Japanese tourists koo-koo to see. . . .. oh shit! .. . did I 1-up you again? . . . sorry. . . I Should probably get the whole summertime, midnite sun, 40 lb. lake trout, great northern pike fishing thing outta the way too huh? .. .. . aaahhh! . . nope! the topic is SNOW!

Attachments

• yk-aurora-3480.jpg
    yk-aurora-3480.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 366
Last edited:
Well I guess the only saving grace from the particularlly nasty weather this time of year is the spectacular overhead aurora borealis we get, that drive the hordes of Japanese tourists koo-koo to see. . . .. oh shit! .. . did I 1-up you again? . . . sorry. . . I Should probably get the whole summertime, midnite sun, 40 lb. lake trout, great northern pike fishing thing outta the way too huh? .. .. . aaahhh! . . nope! the topic is SNOW!

wow, loving the aurora

Yeah, bout that (sigh!), but the flipside is bikes last a lot longer up here, and gives you oodles more time to work on them . . . kind of a sad tradeoff really!

Back