so this tranny walks into a bar... ouch!

swbxchip21

XS400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
hey everyone having some trouble this moning. ill start from the top.

so i wake up and take the dog out. i notice its beautiful and sunny and i think: hey a short ride upon two wheels sounds like a great idea. then i hop on the bike and kick it about 5 times. to my surprise it has turned over and it runnig. next i take my pretty pitt back inside so i can gab a jacket and my helmet. as im walking over to my bike is stalls. see, i left the fuel off. so i hop on and attempt to kick it started again. 10 minutes go by and i get frustrated and head back inside but before i got i ride it down a small slope to the door to get it going off a hill. no luck. so i head inside. when i came back out i put it back into neutral, as indicated by the light, and give it a swift kick. unfortunately the bike was still in first and i ended up kicking it off the kick stand and onto the ground:doh:. flooded carbs spill fuel everywhere, shfiter bends, clutch lever bends, pride is crushed.

so now it seems as tho its jammed into 1st gear, which i do have trouble selecting and shifting into sometimes. i have had similar trouble with 5th gear as well, any recommendations? ive got a compete motor so i guess ive got the parts i need.

ya know, sometimes life is hard, as hard as the pavement upon which i fell.

Back