Some needle jet clarification!

danisawesome

XS400 Addict
Reaction score
Alright, been reading about adjusting the needle to richen up the midrange and am running into a couple questions. To richen, you would add shims on top of the spacer that is already there (my needle is non-adjustable), correct? And can I order this needle from mikesxs and have the luxury of an adjustable needle? Thanks everyone!

If you want to add fuel, raise the needle. So you'd put the washer(s) under the clip on the needle.

Keep in mind that the needle you linked to is probably a different profile than the ones you have. If you do decide to get a pair of them, start with the clip in the middle groove and test from there.

I've also read about increasing the size of the hole in the piston (slide) or adding another hole like the 650's have. That said, I haven't found any definitive info when I searched here or elsewhere...

If you want to add fuel, raise the needle. So you'd put the washer(s) under the clip on the needle.

Keep in mind that the needle you linked to is probably a different profile than the ones you have. If you do decide to get a pair of them, start with the clip in the middle groove and test from there.

I've also read about increasing the size of the hole in the piston (slide) or adding another hole like the 650's have. That said, I haven't found any definitive info when I searched here or elsewhere...

Excellent, thank you, sir! I think I may just add shims for the moment rather than messing with a new needle. And it's funny you mention that last bit about adding another hole to the slide, because it looks like there is the provision to have a hole there, but it isn't drilled through. Time for some research...

Back