Some pics of my '79 xs250

Greasey Fingers

XS400 Guru
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Hey guys thought I might put some piccys up of my ride:) She doesnt look like much now, it looked a hell of a lot worse before though, lol.But Ive got plenty more love to give her. Btw this was a true non running and negleted barn find. Heres some before shots:

Attachments

• 20111023_004.jpg
    20111023_004.jpg
    209.1 KB · Views: 97
  • 20111023_005.jpg
    20111023_005.jpg
    228.8 KB · Views: 103
And heres some of her now after the engine work thats been done, plus chain sprockets and a few things here and there, still a looong way to go :laugh:

Attachments

• DSC04104.jpg
    DSC04104.jpg
    207.6 KB · Views: 141
  • DSC04105.jpg
    DSC04105.jpg
    202.4 KB · Views: 107
  • DSC04108.jpg
    DSC04108.jpg
    189 KB · Views: 117
  • DSC04115.jpg
    DSC04115.jpg
    196.5 KB · Views: 137
Motor is looking schmick :thumbsup: - isn't it funny how when you fix up one thing it makes the rest look crap. Lol

What style bike is your goal - cafe, tracker, stocker? Are you going to keep the sofa, I mean seat?

Where did you get your chain? I ordered a 39 tooth sprocket but not sure where to get the chain.

Glad the motor assembly went well, I have been reading over and over the haynes manual & should start assembly in the next couple of weeks.

Posted via Mobile

engine looks goood :thumbsup:

that's the problem, you polish one thing and the rest looks out of place so the only way to go is to do it all. I purposly didn't do that on the tracker and will let the engine "age" (although I'll keep it clean)

Pork; just buy a 530 motorcycle chain, get 102 links and then you'll have enough to grind off links to shorten. It the cheapest way and what I do.

Hey Pork chop, yeah just get a 530 i went cheap from ebay heres the link: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/530H-Mot...orcycle_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4842bd01ff thats for one with 120 links and just size it up to your bike. They also sell a chain break tool cheap thats worth investing in makes it real easy: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/TL0001-U...orcycle_Parts_Accessories&hash=item48423c15d5

As far as style i am going for the brat look, and the seat will go, i have a seat by west eagle thats meant for a sr400 but i will mount it somehow. I want the bike to look real old school.

Hi drew yeah polishing is just endless, but i plan on doing the whole restoration thing and will get to everything eventually. I actually like the contrast of old and new a little bit:laugh: I am thinking of running the tank as is even after I restore everything, just give it a cut and polish (and maybe get the ding out). That way something will be left of her that was the way it always was. The plan is to just get her decent and roadworthy in stock form and running well, get registration, then start all the mods:)

(btw pork chop dont be put off by the cheap chain, i have been running one from them on my cbr600 for a few years and its fine, the quality is very good for the price)

Back